Board of Directors Meeting
Mission: Drug Free Johnson County is a volunteer organization dedicated to serving as a catalyst for preventing, treating and reducing the negative effects of substance abuse by youth and adults in Johnson County.
Attendees: Rick Hughes, Judy Olds, Tammi Hickman, Michelle McMahon, Kendee Kolp, Tony Povinelli, Kate Krukemeier, Lyndsey White, Jennifer Parker, Susan Sahm, Aaron Hagist, Sonya Ware-Meguiar, Stacy Schilling, Nancy Voris, Jim Hoeing, Michaelangelo McClendon
*Sonya Ware-Meguiar served as proxy for Nicole Emerson
- Rick Hughes called the meeting to order at 1032 hours.
- Introductions were made by all in attendance.
- Rick Hughes gave everyone the opportunity to review the April Minutes. Tony Povinelli made a motion to approve the minutes as written, and Kendee Kolp seconded the motion. Rick Hughes called for a vote, with all members voting in favor. The minutes were approved.
- Jim Hoeing stated the April income was listed at $10,491.38; bringing the yearly income to $33,117.20. This pace is well ahead of last year.
- Rick Hughes opened the floor for a discussion about the make-up of the Executive Board. The board unanimously decided to add a Secretary position to the Executive Board. Judy Olds nominated Tammi Hickman for the position of Secretary. Susan Sahm seconded the motion. No other members were nominated, and Rick Hughes called for a vote. All members voted in favor.
- Rick Hughes opened the floor to discuss the Comprehensive Plan. Michaelangelo McClendon recommended the changes discussed at the last meeting be implemented, prior to the plan update. It was determined that a sub-committee be created to modify the plan, and create the update. The sub-committee will consist of: Judy Olds, Michelle McMahon, Kendee Kolp, Rick Hughes, Tammi Hickman and Lynsey White. A tentative meeting date was set for 10:00 on May 31st, 2018 in the Youth Connections Office.
- Rick Hughes asked if anyone had any old business to bring forward. No old business was discussed.
- Rick Hughes asked if anyone had new business to bring forward.
- Judy Olds reminded everyone that Youth Connection would be hosting their annual “Breakfast of Champions” on June 6th, 2018. She stated there was still time to purchase tickets for the event, which is a large fund raiser for Youth Connections.
- Sonya Ware-Meguiar that Girl’s Inc. would be hosting their summer camp from June 1st, 2018 through August 3rd, 2018. The camp is open to girls in 1st through 5th grade. They will be teaching the STEAM program.
- With no other business brought forward, Tony Povinelli made a motion to adjourn. Aaron Hagist seconded the motion, and Rick Hughes called for a vote. All members voted in favor, with none opposed. The meeting was adjourned at 1100 hours.