February 2018 Minutes
Board of Directors Meeting
Mission: Drug Free Johnson County is a volunteer organization dedicated to serving as a catalyst for preventing, treating and reducing the negative effects of substance abuse by youth and adults in Johnson County.
Attendees: Rick Hughes, Judy Olds, Tony Povinelli, Abby Hamilton, Aaron Hagist, Nicole Emerson, Nancy Voris, Tammi Hickman, Cindy Carroll, Sonya Ware-Meguiar, Susan Sahm
1. Rick Hughes called the meeting to order at 1035 hours.
2. Introductions were made by all in attendance.
3. Rick Hughes gave all members time to review the January 2018 minutes, and recommend any changes. No changes were recommended, and Judy Olds made a motion to accept the minutes as written. Tony Povinelli seconded the motion and Rick Hughes called for a vote. All members voted in favor, with none opposed.
4. Rick Hughes provided the coordinator’s report. He stated that all 2018 contracts had been signed. Check should be distributed February 28th, 2018.
5. Tony Povinelli provided the grantee update for Franklin Police Department. He and Aaron Hagist discussed some of the covert equipment departments have been able to purchase with DFJC funding. They further discussed what the equipment allows them to accomplish, and how it allows them to more effectively do their jobs.
6. Rick Hughes asked for any old business to discuss.
a. Judy Olds provided an update on the Shoe Drive.
7. Rick Hughes asked for any new business.
a. Nicole Emerson discussed the Turning Point photo shoot opportunity. The photo shoots will be March 3rd and 4th, 2018. They will be done at heritage Hall, in 20 minute time slots, for $75.00.
8. With no other business brought forward, Tammi Hickman made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Aaron Hagist seconded the motion, and Rick Hughes called for a vote. All members voted in favor, with none opposed.