17 July Minutes
July 2017 Minutes
Board of Directors Meeting
Mission: Drug Free Johnson County is a volunteer organization dedicated to serving as a catalyst for preventing, treating and reducing the negative effects of substance abuse by youth and adults in Johnson County.
Attendees: Rick Hughes, Judy Olds, Abby Hamilton, Michelle McMahon, Kendee Kolp, Kate Krukemeier, Cindy Carroll, Sonya Ware-Meguiar, Nicole Emerson, Bill Doty, Aaron Hagist
*Susan Sahm was not present at the meeting. Sonya Ware-Meguiar was her proxy.
- Call to Order: Rick Hughes called the meeting to order at 1033 hours.
- Introductions were made by all in attendance.
- Rick Hughes gave everyone a chance to review the May minutes. After reviewing the minutes, Kendee Kolp made a motion to approve the minutes. Sonya Ware-Meguiar seconded the motion. Rick Hughes called for a vote. All members voted in favor, with none opposed.
- Jim Hoeing provided the coordinator’s report.
- All of the mid-year reports have been submitted.
- Jim Hoeing completed the 2nd Quarter report and submitted it to ICJI for approval.
- No financial report is available for this meeting.
- Jim Hoeing discussed the timeline for 2018 funding. Board members stated the timeline used for 2017 seemed to work well, and want to keep the same basic timeline. Jim Hoeing will put dates together for the August meeting.
- Rick Hughes was slated to present the grantee update for Johnson County Adult Probation. The information was not available, and he will give the presentation at the August meeting.
- Rick Hughes asked for any old business. No old business was brought forward.
- Rick Hughes asked if anyone had new business to bring forward.
- Judy Olds announced that Youth Connections is moving to 1195 North Morton Street (Franklin, IN). This building will be a Safe Place as well.
- With no other new business brought forward, the meeting was adjourned.