16 October Minutes
September 2016 Minutes
Board of Directors Meeting
Mission: Drug Free Johnson County is a volunteer organization dedicated to serving as a catalyst for preventing, treating and reducing the negative effects of substance abuse by youth and adults in Johnson County.
Attendees: Rick Hughes, Kate Krukemeier, Kendee Kolp, Judy Duncan Olds, Sonya Ware-Meguiar, Nicole Emerson, Dustin Burton, Pete Ketchum, Aaron Hagist
- Call to Order: Rick Hughes called the meeting to order at 1132 hours.
- Rick Hughes gave members time to review the August minutes, and asked if there were any amendments that needed to be made. No members recommended any amendments. Kendee Kolp made a motion to approve the minutes as written, and Sonya Aaron Hagist seconded the motion. Rick Hughes called for a vote. All members voted in favors, with none opposed.
- Kendee Kolp provided the grantee update for Reach for Youth. Kendee Kolp stated their goal was to reach 30 youth in Johnson County through individual counseling programs designed to address alcohol and drug abuse for both of their traditional ATOD (Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs) and students in the ATE (Alternate to Expulsion) programs. As of June 30th, 2016, Reach for Youth has served 16 clients. To date, seven of the youth in the program have successfully completed the program and nine are still participating in the program. Kendee Kolp further discussed the goals of the program.
- Judy Duncan Olds stated she will provide the grantee update for Youth Connections at the November meeting.
- Rick Hughes asked for any old business. Sonya Ware-Meguiar talked about the new Empower Johnson County grant. The grant awarded was $625,000.00 for a five year period ($125,000.00 per year). Rick Hughes reminded everyone of the October 31st, 2016 deadline for new DFJC grant applications.
- Rick Hughes asked if anyone had new business to bring forward. The possibility of cancelling the October meeting for 2017 was discussed due to a lack of attendance, as many members were unavailable due to fall break.
- With no other business brought forward, Sonya Ware-Meguiar made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Judy Duncan Olds seconded the motion, and Rick Hughes called for a vote. All members voted in favor, with none opposed.