16 November Minutes
November 2016 Minutes
Board of Directors Meeting
Mission: Drug Free Johnson County is a volunteer organization dedicated to serving as a catalyst for preventing, treating and reducing the negative effects of substance abuse by youth and adults in Johnson County.
Attendees: Rick Hughes, Tammi Hickman, Kate Krukemeier, Erica Garrity, Michelle McMahon, Abby Hamilton, Dawn LaPlante, Kendee Kolp, Pete Ketchum, Susan Sahm, Dustin Burton, Sonya Ware-Meguiar, John Regas, Aaron Hagist, Jim Hoeing
- Call to Order: Rick Hughes called the meeting to order at 1033 hours.
- Introductions were made by all in attendance.
- Rick Hughes gave members time to review the October minutes, and asked if there were any amendments that needed to be made. No members recommended any amendments. Kendee Kolp made a motion to approve the minutes as written, and Tammi Hickman seconded the motion. Rick Hughes called for a vote. All members voted in favors, with none opposed.
- Jim Hoeing provided the income report. He stated the October income was $5,018.25 and the November income was $8,929.29. This brings the 2016 income to $84,210.29.
- Jim Hoeing read the new 2017 Comprehensive Plan to the board. The board approved the plan for submission to ICJI.
- Jim Hoeing presented the 2017 funding applications to the board. The board voted to deny the Love Thy Neighbor application for consideration. They failed to submit an original signed application. The grants committee will meet on November 22nd, 2016 to discuss the remaining applications. The committee will make their recommendations to the board at the December meeting.
- Dawn LaPlante presented the grantee update for Youth Connections. She passed out the Youth Connections brochure to board members. Dawn stated that DFJC funding assists Youth Connections with their Jump Start and Safe Place programs. The Safe Place program also provides substance abuse programs in schools. Youth Connections goal is to reach 8000 youth through these programs. The Jump Start program is currently being presented to Custer Baker Intermediate School, Creekside Elementary School and Needham Elementary School. They are working on getting in more schools with the program. Youth Connection worked with the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office on the National Night Out Youth Connections also provided coloring books in the back to school backpacks. The coloring books contained the DFJC logo.
- Jim Hoeing provided members copies of the 2017 meeting schedule, based on the current second Friday format. Two of the meeting days would fall on holidays. The board discussed moving the meeting to the fourth Friday of each month, and having them prior to the systems of care meetings. Jim Hoeing will put together a new meeting schedule to be discussed at the December meeting.
- Rick Hughes asked in anyone had old business to bring forward. No old business was brought forward.
- Rick Hughes asked if anyone had new business to bring forward. No new business was brought forward.
- With no new business, Tammi Hickman made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Susan Sahm seconded the motion, and Rick Hughes called for a vote. All members voted in favor, with none opposed.