16 May Minutes
May 2016 Minutes
Board of Directors Meeting
Mission: Drug Free Johnson County is a volunteer organization dedicated to serving as a catalyst for preventing, treating and reducing the negative effects of substance abuse by youth and adults in Johnson County.
Attendees: Rick Hughes, Jim Hoeing, Michelle McMahan, Mike Denton, Judy Duncan, Sonya Ware-Meguiar, Tammi Hickman, Susan Sahm, Cassie Henderson, Abby Hamilton, Dustin Burton, Pete Ketchum, John Regas, Kendee Kolp
Note: Stephanie Cunningham could not attend the meeting. She appointed Sonya Ware-Maguiar to be her proxy for the meeting.
- Call to Order: Rick Hughes called the meeting to order at 1131 hours.
- Rick Hughes gave all members a chance to review the April minutes. He asked if anyone had any amendments they wished made to the minutes. It was requested that any proxy requests be noted on the minutes, and Jim Hoeing will start posting proxy requests. Judy Duncan then made a motion to approve the minutes. Sonya Ware-Meguiar seconded the motion. Rick Hughes called for a vote. All members voted in favor, with none opposed.
- Introductions were made by all those in attendance.
- Jim Hoeing provided the coordinator’s report:
- Jim Hoeing passed out the new problem statements for the 2017 Comprehensive Plan discussed at the April meeting. The board approved the problem statements. Jim Hoeing will work on collecting data to support the statement so the board can work on the objectives and goals for them.
- Jim Hoeing stated the Franklin Police Department has purchased a public information trailer. The trailer will be used at community functions to distribute information. He asked the board for approval to have 500 more brochures printed for the trailer. The board approved the request. Jim Hoeing also stated that any organization that wished to include their brochures in the trailer can coordinate with him.
- Jim Hoeing presented the financial report. The March numbers were not available at the April meeting. The March income was $11,350.40. The April income was $9,328.67. This brings the 2016 total to: $39,527.58. The 2016 income continues to outpace 2015 numbers.
- Rick Hughes stated the Chair position is now vacant, with Stephanie Cunningham resigning from the board. He asked if there were any nominations to replace her. Judy Duncan nominated Rick Hughes for Chair, and Tammi Hickman seconded the motion. Rick Hughes asked for any other nominations, and none were made. Rick Hughes called for a vote. All members voted in favor with none opposed. Rick Hughes is the new Chair.
- Rick Hughes asked for any nominations to fill the Vice-Chair position, now vacant with Rick Hughes being voted Chair. Rick Hughes nominated Judy Duncan for Vice-Chair. Susan Sahm seconded the motion. Rick Hughes asked for any other nominations. None were made, and Rick Hughes called for a vote. All members voted in favor, with none opposed. Judy Duncan is the new Vice-Chair.
- Michelle McMahan stated that she would be replacing Stephanie Cunningham as the representative for Turning Point Domestic Violence Services. Michelle McMahan also stated she would be interested in joining the board. Tammi Hickman made a motion to nominate Michelle McMahan to the board. Judy Duncan seconded the motion. Rick Hughes called for a vote. All members voted in favor, with none opposed. Michelle McMahan was elected to the board for a two year term.
- Rick Hughes asked if anyone had old business to bring forward. No old business was discussed.
- Rick Hughes asked for any new business. No new business was brought forward.
- Rick Hughes stated the board generally takes a month off around June. He asked if the board wished to cancel the June meeting, or go ahead with it. Several members stated it would be helpful with their schedules to take June off. The board elected to cancel the June meeting. The next meeting will be July 9th, 2016.
- With no other business to discuss, Rick Hughes stated he would entertain a motion to adjourn. Tammi Hickman made a motion to adjourn and Sonya Ware-Meguiar seconded the motion. The meeting was adjourned at 11:54 hours.