16 March Minutes
March 2016 Minutes
Board of Directors Meeting
Mission: Drug Free Johnson County is a volunteer organization dedicated to serving as a catalyst for preventing, treating and reducing the negative effects of substance abuse and thereby enhancing the health and safety of our community.
Attendees: Stephanie Cunningham, Jim Hoeing, Rick Hughes, Sonya Ware-Meguiar, Abby Hamilton, Dustin Burton, Nancy Tinkle, Cassie Henderson, Sonya Carrico, Ray Tice, John Regas, Ray Tice, Mike Denton, Aaron Hagist
- Call to Order: Stephanie Cunningham called the meeting to order at 1130 hours.
- Introductions were made by all in attendance.
- Stephanie Cunningham gave all members a chance to review the February minutes. She asked if anyone had any amendments they wished to have made for the February minutes. With no amendments recommended, Rick Hughes made a motion to approve the minutes as written. Sonya Ware-Meguiar seconded the motion, and Stephanie Cunningham called for a vote. All members voted in favor, with none opposed.
- Jim Hoeing provided the coordinator’s report. He stated the February income was $7,389.98. This bring the yearly total to: $18,848.51
- By-Law review: Copies of the by-laws were passed out with the changes recommended at the last meeting. The board discussed the Mission Statement and changes that were needed. Jim Hoeing will make the changes, and present a new draft at the April meeting.
- Stephanie Cunningham asked for any new business. Sonya Carrico introduced Cassie Henderson as a new Program Manager for the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute. Drug Free Johnson County will be part of Cassie Henderson’s area, and she will be attending most meetings. Both expressed their willingness to help the board with any needs/issues that may arise.
- Susan Lowe introduced herself as the General Manager of Home Instead. Susan Lowe stated she was looking at conducting two educational workshops for seniors in the community. The first has been scheduled for April 6th, 2016 at the Franklin Active Adult Center. The second date has not been set, and will be held in Greenwood. She asked for assistance in conducting the educational portion, talking about teen prescription abuse and answering questions. A prescription drop off was also discussed. Jim Hoeing offered to assist with the Franklin event and Aaron Hagist offered to assist with the Greenwood event. Nancy Tinkle also expressed an interest in assisting. Jim Hoeing will send Susan Lowe an email, copying Aaron Hagist and Nancy Tinkle, to get everyone in the loop, and information forwarded.
- Stephanie Cunningham asked if there was any old business to be discussed. No old business was brought up for discussion
- With no old/new business to discuss, Aaron Hagist made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Sonya Ware-Meguiar seconded the motion, and Stephanie Cunningham called for a vote. All members voted in favor, with none opposed. The meeting was adjourned at 11:49 hours.