16 Feb Minutes
February 2016 Minutes
Board of Directors Meeting
Mission: Drug Free Johnson County is a volunteer organization dedicated to serving as a catalyst for preventing, treating and reducing the negative effects of substance abuse and thereby enhancing the health and safety of our community.
Attendees: Stephanie Cunningham, Jim Hoeing, Rick Hughes, Abby Hamilton, Judge Gregory, Dustin Burton, Walt Raines, Erica Garrity, Sonya Ware-Meguiar, Kendee Kolp, Susan Sahm,
1. Call to Order: Stephanie Cunningham called the meeting to order at 1133 hours
2. Introductions were made by all in attendance.
3. Stephanie Cunningham gave all members a chance to review the January minutes. She asked if anyone had any amendments they wished to have made for the January minutes. With no amendments recommended, Rick Hughes made a motion to approve the minutes as written. Sonya Ware-Meguiar seconded the motion, and Stephanie Cunningham called for a vote. All members voted in favor, with none opposed.
4. Jim Hoeing provided the coordinator’s report. He stated the January income was $11,458.53. He further stated the website is back up and running. Members were asked to submit any events they wished to have added to the website calendar. Jim Hoeing attended the Johnson County Board of Commissioners meeting on February 8th, 2016 and the Johnson County Council meeting on the same date. Both groups were presented Drug Free Johnson County’s recommendations for 2016 funding. Both approved the funding appropriations, and the Johnson County Commissioners approved the contracts. Checks may be mailed as soon as ICJI approves the funding report. This report was submitted February 10th, 2016. The year two update to the Comprehensive Plan has also been submitted. The next update will be due January 31st, 2017, along with a new Comprehensive Plan. The fourth quarter report was also submitted to ICJI.
5. The board reviewed the by-laws, and discussed any possible revisions. The board recommended two revisions to the by-laws. The first revision changes the maximum number of members from 24 to 25 (Article III Section 1). This would eliminate the possibility of any tie votes. The second recommendation was to change the mission statement (Article II). The board wanted to include “youth” in the statement. Jim Hoeing will make the recommended changes to the by-laws, and place them on the agenda for review at the March meeting.
6. Stephanie Cunningham asked for any old business. There was no old business brought up for discussion.
7. Stephanie Cunningham asked if there was any new business to be discussed. No new business was brought up for discussion
8. With no old/new business to discuss, Susan Sahm made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Stephanie Cunningham seconded the motion. All members voted in favor, with none opposed. The meeting was adjourned at 11:56 hours.